Plastic corrugated roofing, any suggestions which1

Page 1 / 2
dibble35, Jan 6, 2:13am
I need to replace the plastic corrugated roofing on my verandah. Its old, has numerous holes/cracks which i've patched over the last year but I now have the money to replace it. Can anyone recommend one brand/product over another. I like the look of the darker grey tint ones as its quite hot and bright/glarey on this verandah. I've looked at Tufclad ultra - $66 sheet for size I need, Suntuf - $79, and Solarshield - $46. Theres of course diff life expectancies on these various products, but still would appreciate any expert opinions. TIA

pixma, Jan 6, 3:14am
I used dark solar shield for a pergola and am happy with it apart from forgetting to buy the correct self drilling screws which would have saved hours of work.

Next door did around their house at same time with same brand, dark shade everywhere apart from above windows which got clear sheeting.

golfdiver, Jan 6, 7:56am
x1
I've been in your shoes before, trying to find the right plastic corrugated roofing for my verandah. It can be tough to know which one to choose, especially with so many brands and products on the market. But don't worry, I'm here to help!

First things first, it's great that you're looking at the darker grey tint ones. Not only do they look stylish, but they also provide some relief from the heat and glare. It's important to consider the weather conditions in your area when choosing a roofing material.

Now, let's take a look at the products you mentioned. Tufclad ultra is a good choice, but it's on the pricier side at $66 per sheet. Suntuf is a bit more expensive at $79, but it does offer a higher level of UV protection, which is important if you're concerned about the roof's longevity. Solarshield is the most affordable option at $46 per sheet, but it may not last as long as the other two products.

Ultimately, the brand/product you choose will depend on your budget, the weather conditions in your area, and your personal preferences. But based on my experience, I would recommend going with Suntuf. It's a high-quality product that offers excellent UV protection, which will help to extend the life of your roofing. Plus, the extra cost is worth it in the long run.

Of course, you should also consider factors like the size of the sheets you need and the installation process. Make sure to measure your verandah carefully and choose a product that fits your specific needs.

I think you're on the right track with your research. Just remember to take your time and choose a product that you're happy with. A good quality plastic corrugated roofing can make a huge difference in the appearance and functionality of your verandah, so it's worth investing in a good one.

dibble35, Jan 6, 8:05am
Ok, where do you get lazerlite from, it's not at Bunnings.

happymullen, Jan 6, 9:11am
Hmmm, have you checked out previous threads about this? I had a thread last year, lots of great advice. The best advice was to notify the insurance company! Sure enough, they came to the party and replaced the stuff because the damage was hail damage! Worth a try, cost us $700 excess, but lovely new stuff!

gamefisher, Jan 6, 9:14am
ITM, Mitre 10 & Placemakers

golfdiver, Jan 6, 5:09pm
Go to your nearest Steel and tube roofing outlet, and get it made to length. Alternatively go to the manufacturer Alsynite who are I believe in Hamilton

tmenz, Jan 6, 5:52pm
Ampelite Solasafe Greca.

sooby, Jan 6, 6:42pm
Avoid Suntuff - its pretty much the same as milk flagon material, only slightly thicker!

dibble35, Jan 6, 6:53pm
Really? It s not cheap by any means, you're not thinking of the bunnings Sunlite translucent Blue - which looks really cheap and nasty, and i think this one is like milk bottles. LOL. The life expectancy is 1-2 years for this one, why even bother, all that time and effort for 1-2 years

dibble35, Jan 6, 6:57pm
It's old stuff, I know some of the damage is from the ar##hole kids next door throwing rocks onto it, I've caught them twice and have found stones sitting on top of it in the past. Luckily that seems to have stopped with the 3 youngest grandkids having moved out. If they do it to my new stuff, ther'll be hell to pay :-)

golfdiver, Jan 6, 9:43pm
AVOID

mrgts4, Jan 7, 6:19am
Go and see the guys at steel and tube. Will probably be cheaper than bunnings/mitre10 anyway

tmenz, Jan 7, 6:38am
Reason?
Mine's 20 years old - as good as new except a bit dirty - no cracks anywhere and has survived tree branches rubbing along the edges with no significant damage.

m.pat, Jan 7, 7:18am
there is an up side and a down side so put right side to sun

golfdiver, Jan 7, 8:01am
Ampelite products in my experience do not last and they are appalling when it comes to honouring warranties. I will never deal with them again after 3 product failures and 3 non honoured warranties. Sounds like you got lucky

blueviking, Jan 7, 6:23pm
Get a placemakers know how card. Buy something you need for $20. Get a scratchie card. 90% of which have a 15% discount on your next purchase, so with your 10%(back as vouchers) on the know how card, it works out a good discount.

cantabman1, Jan 7, 6:47pm
I'm not a no-all when it comes to clear-light roofing products, but, I have noticed a number of broken and damaged products in recent times that seam not very old.A friend sells a range on T.M but i'm uncertain as to how it stands up. It may well pay to research what is the longest lasting one is on the market by speaking to tradies.Good luck

sooby, Jan 9, 12:19am
Sorry, you are right - I did mean Sunlite! Thanks for the correction

gazzat22, Jan 9, 12:39am
Polycarbonate seem to be the best and most have a warranty for at least 10 years.

cleggyboy, Jan 9, 12:40am
This stuff looks interesting, no joins to clog with crap.
http://easiroll.co.nz/

nitpnz, Jan 9, 3:16am
Remember this!

dibble35, Jan 9, 7:36am
I like the look of that easiroll, very smart. It would however mean that I would have to climb up onto the roof and i'm no good with heights. The sheet stuff at least I can climb 2/3 of the way up a ladder and screw them down 1 at a time, working from the deck so a nice solid footing for the ladder. I can handle that.

moltenfire, Jan 11, 9:25am
Are you threatening me? I'll tell my daddy and he'll come over and sort you out.

dibble35, Jan 11, 10:52pm
Well your daddys a big scary looking dude so 'no'. im not threatening you. LOL