HRV Vortex Bathroom Ventilation

bugalugs, Apr 23, 6:04am
Anyone had one of these installed? Any good? Is the 'intelliswitch' option worth getting? I have a tiny bathroom with a shower over the bath which produces heaps of steam in seconds. The existing vent/heat/light combo already in place can't cope and I need something grunty.

yoshibear, Apr 23, 11:50pm
We've had two, one as above plus we also had one from Sayr (I think they affectionately call it the 'Grunter') We found the sayr product much better plus the people were really friendly. Performance wise works real well. Didn't like the intelliswitch with first one.
www.sayr.co.nz

russ18, Apr 24, 12:46am
Looks like a very overpriced exhaust fan to me.

mrfxit, Apr 24, 3:06am
From what the salesman was saying & from what I could see on the pamphlets . .> agreed.

Also, high air flow tend to make a lot of noise

franken1, Apr 24, 4:31am
What sort of money do they want for the Vortex?

smoth_007, Apr 24, 7:17am
My parents had one installed - was around $470 (installed) without the intelliswitch.

I'm not saying it's the best one out there but it does the job well. At our house we have a Manrose from Bunnings (was here when we moved in) worth about $220 and it's nowhere as good.

For those reading this thread with a shower unit or that use mostly a shower and not many baths I would recommend going down the Showerdome path first.

Just my 2 cents.

alister1, Apr 24, 7:42am
I have placed a flat sheet of perspex on top of the shower cheap and very efective

bugalugs, Jan 25, 4:52pm
Thanks all. Am getting a quote tomorrow.