Photo is obviously not the saw in the article.

johotech, May 14, 8:04am

russ18, May 14, 8:44am
They breed em tough over there.
"I didn't realise my hand had gone until I went to pick up a piece of wood and it wasn't there. It was on the floor. I thought I was going to bleed to death," Jones said.

zak410, May 14, 10:27am
cutting battens on ceiling!

lucky tho!

"After nine hours of surgery, doctors managed to reattach Jones' hand and he can now move it and drive again.

He is even carrying on with his DIY.".

omamari, May 14, 7:40pm
Not cutting battens on the ceiling - cutting battens FOR the celiing

zak410, May 14, 10:13pm
True, thank,
makes it harder to understand how he could have done that, I mean cutting off whole hand!

budgel, May 14, 10:34pm
It was some sort of relay, the article says he was cutting batons.

oclaf, May 14, 10:40pm
My old man did the same with his thumb when I was a kid. My mother had to go down and search through the sawdust on the floor behind the saw to find it. Doctor sewed it back on and everything is good. Modern trauma treatment is great.
The use of stock photos in news is annoying though. Clearly a big saw like that is nothing like the one that removed the finger, so what relevance does it have to the article. The Herald is terrible for it. Unrelated images with "Photo / Thinkstock" on every single article. If they haven't got an actual photo of the event then why bother with a photo at all. End rant.

magoo2, May 16, 6:42am
obviously he was using a hand saw

russ18, May 16, 6:48am
I'm sure he would have stopped cutting long before his hand came off if he was using a hand saw.

krames, May 16, 8:35am
that saw is used for cutting whole sheep .

tessnjess, Jan 6, 9:41pm
Hilarious!