Can you legally turn hot water temp up or sparky

chakendrick, Nov 30, 10:48pm
only? Don't want to compromise the insurance.

kam04, Nov 30, 10:58pm
Do you mean at the thermostat - yes you can. Some thermostat knobs are exterior of the connection box. if it's on the inside turn the power off first (the switch on the wall beside the cylinder) remove cover and turn the thermostat up to 65 deg. Don't forget to turn the switch back on after you fit the cover back

sqidlie, Nov 30, 11:43pm
BUT
If you get it wrong or other factors lead up to this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbreKn4PoAc
No insurance

lythande1, Dec 1, 12:40am
How? A child could do it, remove cover and turn dial-which is marked with the various temps.

rsr72, Dec 1, 12:52am
Always adjust it yourself as all good Kiwis have done forever.
It's amazing our NZ water heaters are so primitive that there is no easily accessed outside dial for simply adjusting temperature without having to dive into invariably cramped and dark cupboards armed with torch and screwdriver to make a simple heater adjustment twice a year.

amasser, Dec 1, 3:34am
My plumber told me that the dial is not very accurate though. You would think that design of h.w.c. would improve eventually - seem to have been stagnant for many years.

johotech, Dec 1, 3:50am
You are probably the only person in the country that adjusts the thermostat twice a year.

I'm sure that you think it's necessary, or maybe you think it saves you $5 a month on your power, but the other 1.8M households in NZ certainly don't bother.

aredwood, Dec 5, 11:39pm
There used to be cylinders with a temp adjustment control on the front. But people kept turning them down too low and getting legionella. So they got taken off the market. Although there are some Rheem outdoor models with a temp adjustment dial. But they only let you change the temp between 60 and 70 deg.

wheelz, Jul 12, 6:02pm
My Rheem gas one has a dial at the front with " vacation" thru " warm" to " hot". Goodness knows what temps they are! I know the warm setting surely puts out "hot " water!