Retired builder required

darktanion, Jul 31, 7:34am
Hi there I'm looking to employ a retired builder or handy person to help me extend my verandah and other building things around the house I live in Manurewa and work would be just in the weekends pay is negotiable don't worry about heavy lifting and stuff like that I'll do all the hard stuff just want someone to teach me

gabbysnana, Jul 31, 8:55am
Generally they are retired because they are knackered and tired.

underconstructy, Jul 31, 9:12am
Retired probably also means no LBP also.

doug57, Jul 31, 10:03am
try the website AskShareGive. i've seen a retired builder offer help on there.

ashpot, Jul 31, 11:33am
A verandah up to 20 square metres does not require a building consent, therefore is not restricted building work. Often a LBP wouldn't be required to do this type of work.

underconstructy, Aug 1, 2:16am
Its not really as simple as that it depends on a number of other factors not just the area.

annies3, Aug 1, 2:53am
We have a retired builder work for us at times he is excellent and recommended by the building inspector, too far away obviously op but there could very well be one in your area too.

jills3, Aug 1, 7:52am
Hi, my husband just retired is a carpenter/builder since the age of about 15/16 now nearly 66years. Sitting around waiting for a Knee operation. He could definitely do with work as sitting around is not good, but I am afraid Op is too far away, as we live on the Shore.

ashpot, Aug 1, 8:01am
I bet it is simple.
17Porches and verandas
Building work in connection with a porch or a veranda that??

underconstructy, Nov 7, 4:42pm
B is potentially wrong. Verandas and decks over 3m high require engineered specific design and building consent.

Its not that simple honestly.