Plumbing question

pogram0, Jul 26, 1:41am
I'm renovating my bathroom and my vanity has been removed. The walls have been lined with aqua gib and have been stopped. I've fallen in love with a wall-hung vanity but the holes of the plumbing of the previous vanity is through the floorboards. Question: Is it possible to have a wall-hung vanity installed on an internal wall and have the water inlet and outlet plumbing coming out of the wall cavity and down under the house to the waste pipe which is waiting to be reconnected? I realise I am going to have to have some of the gib board removed to do this but don't know what the challenges will be getting the plumbing through the floor when it is between the walls - will there be enough room between the walls for an outlet pipe? Will a plumber have to drill a sizeable hole through a piece of framing to get through the floorboard and is this legal? The house is an older type bungalow.

russ18, Jul 26, 1:54am
I've got a wall hung vanity on an internal wall and all plumbing is concealed in the wall.

macman26, Jul 26, 3:01am
Just put a false wall in if there isn't enough space. If you really want it that bad do it and be grateful years later you did.

budgel, Jul 26, 4:33am
Anything is possible if you are handy with money!

loud_37, Jul 26, 7:41am
We have ours hung on an internal wall, with all plumbing in the wall. No issues and was cheap to do.

apollo11, Jul 26, 8:49am
Just had this done ourselves, wasn't a problem. Just add any bracing between the studs if required to screw the vanity to.

pogram0, Jul 27, 9:28am
Thanks everyone. Guess I'll have to find myself a 'can do' plumber. The last one I had was a bit useless so I will not be getting him to do any more work for me.

tillsbury, Jul 28, 12:34pm
Yes, no problem.

daryl14, Nov 9, 5:16pm
Untill you find a joist under the floor. That could well be the end of that plan. Get under the house and check yourself before going any further. Have also seen thin upstands under wall hung vanities to hide the plumbing behind.