Hot water heater

maghera, Mar 23, 9:11am
Could someone please recommend a suitable economic hot water heater to supply a small laundry at the back of a separate garage. Enough to feed a daily warm wash in the washing machine and tub alongside. Plumber wanted to install an electric hot shower unit but seems it's going to draw too much power for the wiring.

aj.2., Mar 23, 9:31am
You can buy small hot water cylinders or even a ream unit , they are good for small water draw off, but even then your power supply may be the trouble.
Look at a gas heating unit, they may be able to run off a small lpg gas bottle.

mm12345, Mar 23, 10:51am
Another option may be a washing machine with internal heater. Not sure of which models are available from various makers, but as normal plug-in appliances they should draw 10A or less.
Rheem small (25l) under-sink unit also draws 10A maximum. Enough surely for a daily warm wash. However, if the washing machine and the hot water heater run at the same time (which is exactly what will happen), then you could have issues - hopefully limited to blown fuse/tripped circuit-breaker - so probably not a great idea even if a sparky could do it legally.

biddy6, Mar 23, 7:57pm
See if you can find a Copper and go back to the good old days.

trade4us2, Mar 23, 9:21pm
Both the washing machines that I have had heat their own water. I have never had a connection to the hot tap. It's cheaper to heat water when you use it. However I almost always do cold washes. Modern soaps wash OK in cold water.

carter19, Feb 24, 7:08pm
The easiest solution would be to install a Bosch Hydroflow califont. They do not require power and will run off a 9kg bottle.