Manure for acid loving trees

hillbilly47, Jun 19, 9:50am
hi fellow gardeners, Im after a manure that i can use around acid loving plants , any ideas

kateley, Jun 19, 10:19am
there's heaps of ready made mixes at the garden centres, usually called Azalea or Rhodo food.

arabelle, Jun 19, 7:56pm
I had a pine tree dropped and so had access to lots of pine needles, put them around my plants/trees [spuds/strawberries to blueberries] and then put compost/manure/mulch on top of that, I figure the acid of the needles will change the pH of the stuff on top.seems to work, my daughter had fantastic strawberries and I had great blueberries, and happy with spud harvest also.

floweringrose, Jun 19, 8:32pm
coffee grounds

piquant, Jun 19, 10:02pm
Just stay away from mushroom compost - very high lime content in that.

milkybar4, Jun 20, 10:43pm
hi my horse paddock has as much horse poos as you want. there's stuff that's composted but i'll have to ask landlord about that but he said to get friends to take it away or there's my fresh poos that will be higher in acid cause it's fresh.
would love a help to get it all gone! oh and can get you coffee grounds too - i work in a cafe. hell i'll pay you to take my poos away!

antoniab, Jun 20, 11:53pm
I think chookie poo is quite acidic!

b1anca, Nov 25, 6:57am
bump!

Ive just used horse manure for the first time on my plants, watered it in on already established plants, be interested to see how they go now!

Citrus trees got a fair dunking of it too lol

steptoesnr, Nov 25, 8:24am
There is no such thing as an 'acid loving plant'. There is however plants that can thrive better under low pH situations than others but still need a reasonably balanced fertiliser. All you need to do is avoid lime and when you are next at your source of plant food take the time to read the analysis on the container/bag and choose the one with the highest S (sulphur) content.

herc18, Nov 26, 7:38pm
Untreated saw dust and sulphur is good especially for tomatoes too.

liggy2, Nov 27, 12:28am
Super phosphate or nitrophoska blue.

guest, Oct 10, 10:13pm
The eyes are AMAZING! I always colampin that my kids eye's never look great because they are brown but now I know I just am not shooting and editing right!

guest, Oct 13, 8:25pm
Dec31Valerie Egan I am trying to find the Ian R Crane iierevntw you did recently, but can't seem to find it. Could you please tell me where to look for it? Thanks a lot. Love your shows, but I usually watch on Youtube, but cannot find this particular item. Thanks in anticipation.

guest, Jun 2, 2:03pm
Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anyithng like this before. So nice to find someone with some original thoughts on this subject. realy thank you for beginning this up. this web site is one thing that is needed on the net, somebody with a little bit originality. useful job for bringing one thing new to the internet!