Rheem Main pressure gas water heater problem

kinna54, Oct 21, 10:10pm
We installed a 150 litre mains pressure water cylinder 20 years ago and it has been a wonderful choice over the years but recently the pressure at the tap and particularly the shower is noticably reduced. Apart from a pilot light issue some years ago it has never given us any trouble. I am aware these cylinders are fitted with a pressure set valve which sets a safety limit for the cylinder but that's about all I know. There is a relief valve on top but not sure what that does. Model Number is GA150M. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

kinna54, Oct 21, 10:54pm
Any plumbers out there!

supernova2, Oct 22, 12:12am
Bit off topic but we had one of these old Rheeme cylinders and I emailed Rheeme about the anode and the reply was that Rheeme had no knowledge of ever making such a unit.Sent em a pic and still unable to help.Best info I could find was the life of the cylinder is about 5 to 8 years at best.We junked ours and put in a Infinity continuous unit which is much cheaper to run.

i say the relief valve gear needs servicing.Is possible that your shower is just gummed up with calcium deposts.

kinna54, Oct 22, 12:36am
Yes I was aware Mains pressure cylinders have a limited life and am surprised ours has lasted this long, buy in reality the only issue we have is the reduced water flow/pressure.

aredwood, Oct 23, 1:03pm
Probably a stuffed limiting valve or blocked filter.