GIB Aqualine vs BPB ProRoc Aquastop

cat-nine, Nov 24, 2:38am
x1
Is there any significant difference between GIB Aqualine and BPB ProRoc Aquastop! I have been trying to find comparisons between the two but have had no luck. Also, are they similarly priced! I would like to know as my builder has listed GIB on his quote but used ProRoc.

zak410, Nov 24, 4:00am
Not sure about price but quality is no problem.

"Manufacturing Standards AS/NZS 2588, ASTM C 36, ASTM C 1396, BS EN 520 (BS 1230), CNS 4458, CNS 6532 &TIS 219-2524."

http://tinyurl.com/c8f6a55

Isn??

elect70, Nov 24, 4:17am
x1
^^ & timber framedkitset houses from Australia.But look at who owns mostNZ timber .

zak410, Nov 24, 4:51am
x1
I think, because of the cost of material here,it is only a matter of time before someone export Radiata logs to China and imports kitset built homes to our specifications.imagine the potential profit in that !

zak410, Nov 24, 4:51am
I think, because of the cost of material here,it is only a matter of time before someone export Radiata logs to China and imports kitset-built- homes to our specifications.imagine the potential profit in that !

cat-nine, Nov 24, 5:01am
Thanks for the info!

eddienz, Nov 24, 7:17am
BPB is cheeper than gib

eezy1, Nov 24, 7:32am
and far better quality Winstones have been flogging off low quality products for over inflated prices for years,

eddienz, Nov 24, 7:41am
Sorry do not agree with your comment,

Winstones Gib is better quality product in my eye's.

eezy1, Nov 24, 8:31am
then your blind the amount of problems that i have seen with nearly all winstone products are just a joke.Vertually evey time they realease a new one it is untested and fails in some way,and to make matter worse winstones trys to put the blame on every one else.Take a look at the surface of aqualine and try and tell me that it is a paintable surface with all the orange peel effectsand other defects

zak410, Nov 24, 8:59pm
I haven??

elect70, Nov 25, 5:14am
Close , most of our plywood isex NZpinus radiata & made in Chinawont be long beforeroofing materialscome in too

ebygum1, Nov 25, 5:18am
Not quite right, much of our ply is imported from Chile,made from Radiata grown in Chile. We also get hardwood ply from Malasia and Indonesia.

guest, Jun 4, 2:11pm
x2
Yep...NZ had a way of protecting it's household named products like gib, pink batts over better manufactured and less costly imports.
I'm all for better New Zealand products, that's why I will specify British Plasterboard and Earthwool as this is the only way of getting Winstones to not only compete on price but quality. Don't be fooled into giving Winstones the monopoly. Studies show this is why NZ is paying over the odds for building products.