Look what my husband

thistle4, Sep 24, 2:40am
built for me. We may be allowed to harvest some berries this year as the birds won't get them. lol

https://trademe.tmcdn.co.nz/photoserver/full/413927281.jpg

asue, Sep 24, 2:57am
Oh what a gem he is thistle. That is awesome. Well done to him - you will really enjoy the garden this summer - so jealous!

koru67, Sep 24, 3:57am
Wow thistle that is fabulous. What a lucky lady you are. Well done Mr T.

esiuol1, Sep 24, 4:18am
Wow - brilliant. I need one too!

junie2, Sep 24, 4:59am
A berry house - how wonderful. Well done that man.

samanya, Sep 24, 5:23am
You'll love it!
You'll be wanting another one after this season, I reckon.
It's so cool to be able to wait until the fruit is properly ripe without the birds scoffing the lot.
I've got one with my berry fruit in it.
Raspberries, strawberries, blueberries a hybrid boysenberry type thing & black & red currants . & it's fantastic. Mine's even got a sliding door (old shower door after bathroom alterations).
Enjoy!

jonners2013, Sep 24, 5:31am
Send him round my way, I'll leave a key under the mat. I could do with something like that over my vege garden.

brightlights60, Sep 24, 5:34am
If they don't grow you have a ready made bird aviary!

oh_hunnihunni, Sep 24, 6:44am
A few non berry eating birds in there'd be fun!

samanya, Sep 24, 7:13am
We all need one!
If you haven't got a husband like Mrs thistle4 (or me) . get a 'little man' in to do the job. I did. I got a guy with a post driver & a big tractor thingy & bingo the framework was up. All I had to do was put chicken wire around the lower half (to stop the chooks & sheep having a feed), & then stretchy netting over the top . works brilliantly & the old shower sliding door of course. I can now freeze a heap of stuff . well what I don't eat as I'm picking or having fresh for brekkie or smoothies . go for it hunni . even on a small scale, you'd love it!
One of my strawberry 'cages' a is Te Whare' 'glasshouse that crapped out after one season . so I strung the stretchy netting from Mitre !) over it & bingo . There heaps of 'cages on sale on here & ther's nothing better than being able to eat your own berry fruit all year.

issymae, Sep 20, 8:12pm
I want one =as an aviary, real lucky to have such a handyman