PAINT SPRAYER

firob, Aug 8, 10:37am
Any suggestions regarding Brands etc for paint sprayer for painting urban boundary fences, pailing fences, Seem to be a real price variation, so some advice would be good, For home use. Thanks

ayjay1, Aug 8, 8:45pm
Better to use a shaggy roller. It pushes the coating into the timber better.
Spray tends to sit on the surface.

trogedon, Aug 9, 4:32am
Strange that people who paint fences and roughcast houses for jobs use sprayers then.

reb53, Aug 9, 4:45am
If you've got a bit to do, and don't mind spending $450, I used an Ozito sprayer from Bunnings to paint the house, and was well pleased with it.
Not "Trade" longevity, or quality, but more than good enough for a weatherboard house so a fence would be no problem.
Drop the pick-up hose into a 10 litre pail and go for broke !
Mine didn't hesitate once.

golfdiver, Aug 10, 2:16am
For top quality nothing touches Graco, but if it is a one off job, I'd go to a hire centre and make sure you listen when they explain how to clean it out.
You can get a roller system for an airless sprayer which would be perfect for your situation but as before you would need to be doing it commercially to make it viable.

tiny15, Aug 10, 8:11am
a 3000PSI airless sprayer will push the paint through the skin on your finger tip ( and yes it did frecking hurt)

payntr, Aug 10, 8:27am
Graco? my airlessco I lent to a trade painter after having problems with his Graco,guess what he owns now?

kletis1, Aug 10, 9:50am
Any cheap sprayer will work. just follow behind with a rag roller or similer.sprayer puts paint on,and roller works paint into wood.Saves heaps of time.

moltenfire, Aug 10, 10:36am
So that the poor penetration requires the job be done every few years all over again. I bet they roller their own fences!

moltenfire, Aug 10, 10:37am
You have a spray gun that operates at 3000psi? It that were correct, your fence would have holes in it!

mm12345, Aug 10, 11:14am
3000psi at the tip is quite normal for airless sprayers - and yes - if you stuck your finger over the tip, they will blow paint right through your skin into tissue beneath. Care is needed using them

I have one of the Ozito units. They are exceptionally well made for the price, good quality materials, nice all metal handpiece with good action, all SS connectors, SS piston pump. I've had it for about 3 years, done quite a few big jobs with it - no problems. They are 3000psi max / 1.1 litre per minute, so plenty adequate for roofs, fences etc. with unthinned acrylic etc.

ae64, Aug 13, 8:47am
can you get replacement tips and other parts for the Ozito?

geoff_m, Oct 28, 1:13am
I have a Bunnings Ozito airless sprayer - it works well.
Cons
The hose is 7m long, vs the 15m for the more expensive ones (if yyou need more reach for doing a roof) and it doesn't come with an extension for doing roofs without leaning over. They are standard and some generic ones I bought on TM fit.
The pump loses it's prime sometimes especially if it has been idle for a while so you need to push the prime button (or get the wife to do it).
OTOH, it sprays acrylic house and roof paint straight out of the bucket without thinning - unlike my Wagner airless POS spraygun.
Geoff