Dark hallway

roseyglow, Mar 24, 5:56am
The long hallway that goes from the lounge up to the bathroom/bedrooms is really dark through the day - even though we have white wallpaper I leave bedroom doors open to lighten it up
Any ideas to make it lighter?

happychappy50, Mar 24, 5:57am
A solar tube should do the trick

oh_hunnihunni, Mar 24, 6:00am
Amazing the diff those make. Well worth the money.

samanya, Mar 24, 6:11am
I have a similar situation . 15m hall many doors coming off it (house built to the sun & that's great) but i couldn't handle the darkish hall when I first moved here & I'd agree, solartubes are the way to go. I have had 2 installed in the hallway & they have made a world of difference. Even at night!

mrfxit, Mar 24, 6:25am
Agreed but are expensive.
Keep wanting to turn the light off in our hallway

stevo2, Mar 24, 6:34am
Another vote for Solar tubes

samanya, Mar 24, 8:19am
Yeah . there's that.

trade4us2, Mar 24, 10:02am
Put a sheet of Polycarbonate roof in and frame up a box underneath lined with aluminium foil down to a translucent panel above the hall.

koru67, Mar 24, 6:32pm
Has anyone got a Velux sun tunnel and any problems?. I prefer the exterior "look" of the Velux, being flat on the roofline vs the solatube. And because we are downhill from our driveway the large mushroom we already have on our roof for venting the range hood is very visible.
http://www.velux.co.nz/Homeowners/Products/Sun_Tunnel/default.aspx?gclid=CMiDkvWNv8QCFdgmvQoddbkAKA

mm12345, Mar 24, 7:09pm
Different approach - we just put a PIR detector light switch which activates a wall-washer light. Very easy in that case, as the wall lamp and switch were already there in a suitable position. Bonus - if you get up the in the middle of the night, no fumbling around looking for a light switch.

golfdiver, Feb 24, 7:16am
Velux are crap, I get so many calls for leaks in them it isn't funny. Sola tube all day here.