Blank Canvas Quick growing trees etc ?

anne1955, Jul 30, 1:03am
Hi people am about to move And like most 'social housing houses' it's just lawn and more lawn. And all flat grrrrrr
Ok I want to bring in some birds if I can will move my feeders But would love to have a few fast growing trees as well. any ideas? Something that grows over night by the mitre would be great :)
As it has a fence all around it but still very visible to all especially out back, would like to make a 'private area' Ideas will be gratefully accepted. Yes it will cost me so budget ideas welcome please.
How fast will rosemary grow from good size cuttings. ? Thought about putting in that around the place as well as my raised garden boxes bit of a loose at anything else. Plenty of nice pots to put here and there. so that might help too, just having neighbours all around me again will be very strange and not sure cat will like the no trees to sun herself under.
Await ideas Thanks Anne

jh34, Jul 30, 3:16am
I had solanum growing next door. It is a giant herb and it covered the old house there and was looking good. it also attracted birds in the winter.
I wouldn't get anything too fast growing as they become a nuisance (time passes).
A simple frame above the fence with plastic squares is a good idea. I grow chinese jasmine (slow) but native clematis is fast. You only need something that breaks a line of sight between you and the neighbours, you don't have to be completely hidden?

piquant, Jul 30, 6:58am
Rosemary is fine - but you need to make sure you have the upright growing one - Tuscan Blue is a good one but you need to keep it well clipped to form a tidy hedge. Also you could use Teucrium fruticans - but again - you need to keep it tightly clipped. Quite fast though.
You could make some panels out of pallets (they don't last forever but the can look quite cool if you have an arty side. Check out Pinterest for ideas there. Even just a couple of panels placed at right angles to each other will afford you some privacy.

samanya, Jul 30, 7:12am
What herbal qualities does solanum "It is a giant herb" have?
I have it & as far as I'm concerned it's a triffid . but if it does indeed have herbal qualities, please advise &.it might be spared a major 'haircut'. or even the dreaded roundup.

anne1955, Nov 9, 11:02am
Thanks for those I have no problem with keeping things cut to shape and control. Thinking along some of the Warehouse can't think of name the bound together almost No lost it lol but to put on some parts of fence line with things growing up. old age sorry so many things going on in head.