What am I looking for .clear plastic or ?

grannypam, Apr 23, 7:16am
Looking r some ideas please. we are now in a pensioner flat with a small front porch. its not totally closed in but my mobility scooter is parked there.///
There is a trellis like thing as the outside wall but its just slats rather than the normal trellis. I am thinking about getting something clear that we can tack on to stop the rain wetting my new toy. lol. but what and where would I get it. I want something clear so that the light isn't blocked. many thanks in advance. lol

gyrogearloose, Apr 23, 7:19am
Ask the property manager, I doubt they'd appreciate you affixing anything to the property without their input.

grannypam, Apr 23, 8:04am
of course I will but it would only be a temp addition over the winter. just wanted ideas of what I could use.

paix1, Apr 23, 8:29am
. this maybe the type of thing you're looking for - but not cheap!
http://www.sunshade.co.nz/product-range/residential/screens/

mark_g, Apr 23, 8:38am
Cheapest, easiest and quickest might be a sheet or two of clear plastic roofing screwed to the trellis/framing. But depending on situation may not look so hot.

If after a classier look then a sheet of thick Perspex cut to size and drilled by the provider to accept screws at the right places. There are small firms in many towns and all cities that will provide, cut and drill Perspex sheet for you. These plastic sheet providers may be able to suggest a more appropriate or cheaper sheet/screen than Perspex like the plastic laminates or corflute type plastic sandwich materials. I'd be googling 'Perspex (name of town/city)'.

grannypam, Apr 23, 8:44am
It would be on the inside of the porch. thats why I was thinking of a clear heavier grade plastic. a bit like the stuff farmers use to cover silage stacks. has to be clear though. lol

grannypam, Apr 23, 8:49am
thanks but out of our budget I would think. lol

kateley, Apr 23, 9:03am
What about greenhouse film (agphane? was the trade name) - not totally transparent but lets the light thru. We used to sell it by the metre (off a huge roll) when I worked at a garden centre.

brightlights60, Apr 23, 9:25am
Suntuf is what you want. We had the old clearite on our porch roof until some hail ripped through it. Its North facing, so gets incredibly hot, so bear in mind if your porch faces North, get the tinted stuff. Its very tough as the name suggests, a bit expensive but hopefully you won't need much. We have the same problem with the daughter's sleepout, the door is on the South side and the weather comes in so are going to do the same thing.

grannypam, Apr 23, 9:29am
wahoo. thats the sort of stuff I was thinking of. not funny when you know in your mind what you are looking for but cant put it into words. old age sux. lol

biddy6, Apr 23, 8:06pm
Your local hardware shop will have clear/opaque plastic on a roll and sold by the meter, and can be easily stapled to you frame.

bluefrog2, Apr 23, 9:51pm
You can get clear greenhouse grade plastic from Mitre10 or Bunnings. It's not totally clear like glass, but clear enough to let light in. Comes in 5m rolls for about $15 per roll I think. You can screw it on with short nails with the large heads (or washer heads like roofing screws) to hold the plastic down. The plastic sheet does degrade and get cloudy over time, so if you want something that will last more than 2 years, then clearlite roofing is a better option.

ed65, Jan 26, 2:58am
Would a large BBQ cover fit over your scooter?