Best brands of paint, what do you prefer

Page 1 / 2
dibble35, Apr 6, 7:49am
Best value for money! We did a bit of painting over the last week, used up 2 part paint pails - diff brands, painting2 bedrooms. I was amazed at the diff not in the quality as such but the coverage/how far the paint went was vastly differant.Both were good brands. British paints and Dulux. I did buy a Guthrie Bowron undercoat/primer to use under them both and was a bit disappointed, found it quite thin. My Dad was telling me that he thought that Guthrie Bowron paint was Dulux - does anyone know if this is true/false!

kp11, Apr 6, 8:43am
No idea why, but i prefer Resene paints inside & Dulux paints outside.Just used 30L British paints on a huge length of fence & was impressed with its price & coverage.

timbo69, Apr 6, 8:47am
x1
When it comes to painting your home's exterior, choosing the right brand of paint is crucial. Two popular options that you might be considering are Dulux and Resene. Both brands offer a wide range of products that are designed to provide excellent coverage and a long-lasting finish. However, there are some key differences between the two that are worth considering.

Dulux is a well-known brand that has been around for over 100 years. They offer a range of exterior paints that are designed to withstand the harsh New Zealand climate. Their paints are known for their excellent coverage and long-lasting finish. Dulux also offers a variety of finishes, including matt, satin, and gloss.

On the other hand, Resene is a New Zealand-based company that has been around since the 1940s. Like Dulux, they offer a range of exterior paints that are designed to withstand the New Zealand climate. Resene paints are also known for their excellent coverage and long-lasting finish. Resene also offers a range of finishes, including flat, low sheen, semi-gloss, and gloss.

When it comes to choosing between Dulux and Resene, it really comes down to personal preference. Both brands offer high-quality products that are designed to provide excellent coverage and a long-lasting finish. However, some people might prefer one brand over the other based on factors such as price, availability, and colour range.

Another brand that is worth considering is Wattyl. Like Dulux and Resene, Wattyl offers a range of exterior paints that are designed to withstand the New Zealand climate. Their paints are known for their excellent coverage and long-lasting finish. However, Wattyl is generally considered to be a more budget-friendly option than Dulux or Resene.

So, is Wattyl better than Dulux? It really depends on your needs and budget. While Dulux is a premium brand that offers high-quality products, Wattyl is a more budget-friendly option that still provides excellent coverage and a long-lasting finish.

In conclusion, when it comes to choosing the best brand of paint for your home's exterior, there are several factors to consider. Dulux and Resene are both excellent options that offer high-quality products, while Wattyl is a more budget-friendly option. Ultimately, the best choice will depend on your personal preferences and needs.

lythande1, Apr 6, 7:31pm
zinsser, best stuff I've ever used.
Avaliable at Bunnings.

budgel, Apr 6, 7:42pm
Wattyl is good.

dibble35, Apr 6, 9:18pm
LOL, everyone likesdiff brands. I've used british paints, dulux and wattyl and had no problems with any of them, I find Resenes quite expensive so dont really use theirs although have no problem with their quality. Did try some 'The warehouse' paint to paint an old shed once, what a disaster, thin and nasty. Didnt last very long either. although that could have been because of my prep work. none.

nitronz, Apr 6, 9:41pm
Dulux as a rule, although Im using a resene one on my interior which is performing well.resene got piss thin awhile back to teh point of being ridiculous

harrislucinda, Apr 6, 9:49pm
ilikeResenebuthaveusedothernzbrandsnoproblems

kaddiew, Apr 6, 10:20pm
Guthrie Bowron told me their paint was "Dulux", and on that basis I used the appropriate one of GB brand for my bathroom walls. Thin crap that wouldn't even stay on the (pissed off at me) painter's brush.

redden39, Apr 7, 2:18am
Dulux for the exterior for me.I use Carters homebrand paint for inside but I am not rough on my walls.Love the Resene colurs but not the price and like others, find it rather watery.

louisesamosa, Apr 7, 2:25am
Dulux Wash n Wear for internal walls, especially daughters bedrooms, has always been our preference.

jezabeel, Apr 7, 2:29am
You get what you pay for!

shaun16, Apr 7, 3:14am
dulux

dibble35, Apr 7, 5:22am
Thanks for the replies. Dulux seems to be the most popular. One of the more expensive but as someone said you get what you pay for.

cleverdicky, Apr 7, 10:23pm
I find that Resene whites have too much chalk in them and need too many coats, find DULUX the best

trade4us2, Apr 7, 11:34pm
Wattyl Solarguard requires no primer or undercoat and is guaranteed for 15 years so I always use that.

karrie3, Apr 8, 10:54pm
x1
I've always used Resene but the local Mitre10 doesn't stock it so bought 2L of Dulux matched to a Resene colour recipe. Great coverage but the paint smell was so strong it made me gag, and took a week of open windows to clear, It's fading slowly but after 10 days, still enough to make my eyes sting .

ciannz, Apr 19, 10:44pm
x1
I have tried most brands of paint.I havent had problems with the paint but I did find Dulux thin
The best paint is Resene.Yes it is expensive but you get what you pay for

kaddiew, Apr 20, 10:58am
The Resene Acrylic Enamel I have is very thin, hard to get decent coverage with it.I'll go back to Dulux next time.

lythande1, Apr 20, 7:28pm
True but I did research it first.
When the painter turned up there was a slight argument as he wanted to use his "best" paint and I wanted him to use mine.
Went and got mine, he went and got his and oh look, same paint! So we agreed.

dibble35, Apr 20, 8:03pm
What was the brand then!

tub4, Apr 20, 8:23pm
Don't think much of PPG as it was pissy so needed heaps of coats. Happy with Taubmans inside, good coverage and seems to be easy to clean without looking patchy after.

tub4, Apr 20, 8:29pm
We use solarguard to paint the outside of our house and love how it went on and it still looks good but we primed any new wood first, just old fashiond I guess.

topgun-rx2, Apr 21, 7:20am
Resene and Taubmans here

guest, Mar 2, 4:44pm
Duluxe does make Guthrie Bowron brands to order- but the paint mix specs are lower than Duluxe's brand on the market.