Selling plants on trade me.

simber1, Mar 28, 5:56am
i would like to get into selling plants maybe even only one or two different kinds, which are the most popular, sought after plants people are willing to buy here.Thanks

aloha3, Mar 28, 5:59am
I have bought plants on trademe. Worked well for me, try a few and see how it goes.

tonijo, Mar 28, 6:03am
what's the most economic way to send them - bare rooted!I would be interested to know how sellers send their plants to make it worth their while, and to make sure they get to the buyer in good nick.I have a habit of propagating more plants than I can use. :-)

harrislucinda, Mar 28, 6:09am
ihavealwaysbroughtplantsonhereMylast2wereinpotsarrivedsafe

brightlights60, Mar 28, 7:04am
My wife sells lilac trees every year or so. She uses the mailing tubes. They have all arrived safely and survived well.She buys her seeds on here, and goes and picks up anything else local. Last Autumn she bought some Peony roses and they were frieghted from Geraldine. Arrived perfectly. Just do some research, any plants you want to sell, check out the expired listings as to whether they sell and how much they go for.

wendalls, Mar 28, 7:16am
im sure some of us on here would be willing to be guinea pigs for your first few postings for a good price!What sort of things do you have too much of at present!

lythande1, Mar 28, 6:48pm
Don't forget to register with IRD for your new business.

dibble35, Mar 28, 7:22pm
I've sold a few daylillies on here. If you can get something a bit unusual or a sought after colour you can do well. eg I had a dark burgandy daylilly that no one else seemed to have. To be honest if you can get the packaging sorted out that is the biggest thing. It was the most time consuming for me. I sent my plants as bare rooted divisions. Wrapped the roots in handy towel and plastic bag. Would have been great to have a supply of boxs of the perfect size all ready,would have saved heaps of time. Never had a complaint about the condition of them when they arrived so must have packed them well. And post/couier them at the start of the week so they arnt sitting in a depot drying out over the weekend. And of course small grade plants are much cheaper/easier to send than big plants

antoniab, Mar 28, 7:41pm
Ive only ever bought off nchun on here - good range of fruit trees that are sometimes tricky to find otherwise and great condition trees :)

pskpinks, Mar 29, 5:53am
Trader would have to earn and sell a huge amount before it being a legal necessity to register for GST.

lythande1, Mar 29, 6:44pm
I never mentioned GST, I mentioned tax.

murfee, Mar 31, 6:06am
I've bought trees off nchun - his packaging is a work of art! I've also bought potted roses, bare root plants, small potted plants off a variety of traders - so long as you package well - damp shredded paper in plastic bag so the plants arrive in good condition that's half the battle. I'd suggest you mark your parcels 'Plants' to make couriers aware to keep them upright, out of the sun and deliver promptly.

skyblue17, Mar 31, 9:46pm
Well you didn't actually. You just advised her to register her business with IRD. How she does that perhaps you can advise her.

guest, Jun 2, 3:42pm
And I was just wodneirng about that too!

guest, May 24, 7:59am
Hx8hI0 dhpqueucxyiy