Glue for mending shoes?

allurs, Nov 18, 2:36am
Sick of spending a fortune getting soles stuck back on shoes could someone suggest a glue i could buy to do the job thanks

lythande1, Nov 18, 2:45am
Araldite, the slow curing one not the 5 min one.

tool_shop173, Nov 18, 3:09am
Ados F2 contact adhesive will do the trick. Araldite may harden in a lump and wont be so pliable.

mottly, Nov 18, 3:22am
'shoe goop' - you can get it in clear or black - it will keep the soles on for longer than they will last!It's about $25 a tube - but well worth it, if you seal it up tight, it'll last for years.

rmcgrath, Nov 18, 3:31am
this one

urbanrefugee54, Nov 18, 4:34am
agree - although you can also get the F3 & it's ok as well. use in ventilated area.

buddytom, Nov 18, 5:51am
there is a shoe glue in a tube I think nw has it

budgel, Nov 18, 6:55am
I have used "all clear" sealant, it is not a silicone and sticks like the proverbial to clean dry surfaces and is flexible.

reggienz, Nov 18, 10:29pm
I have an old pair of gardening shoes and cut up old rubber car mats for the soles and glued them on with no more nails. Been there for well over a year and worn almost daily.

supernova2, Nov 22, 7:54am
No.Sets hard and wont bend as shoe needs to do.

guest, Oct 10, 3:35pm
Famotadine, good old pepcid and catafare, also a drug that humans take for ulcers. Good for doggy too! What in the heck is gorilla glue? and why would a dog injest it?? I remember when I was a kid, that elmer's paste that came in a little bowel and we spread it with a brush built into the cap was quite sweet!! All the kids tried that stuff! I don't think it's manufactured now.Wow what a mean looking clump that made. I'm thinkin gorilla glue must be pretty toxic to cause ulcers so quickly, note the frank blood on the stomach wall. I wonder what else puppy has injested in the past!! Owners must keep things out of that one's reach!!Vry informative pshwic, thanks!

guest, Oct 13, 8:22pm
Gorilla Glue is a very strong glue, and it epadnxs as it dries, kind of like foam. Let see, my Great Dane has eaten an entire stuffed animal, corner of wooden swing, corner of wooden ice chest, two orange tree saplings, part of a boot, a hole in a plywood wall, a collar, a garden hose sprayer, a softball, a book, and I'm sure I'm missing a few things. Chewing is a sign of boredom and so if this dog was bored it's probably because he was unattended, which is how he got the glue in the first place. My Great Dane chewed things while we were on errands or at the store, so we had to learn to put things up out of her reach.

guest, Jun 2, 12:50pm
My friend had a berdor collie, wonderful pooch. But he had the dog spayed, and when the dog recovered, swallowed his hearing aid from the coffee table! How would YOU feel ifmsomeone grabbed you by the neck,knocked you out, and when you woke up your nuts were gone? Way to go, dog!!