Want to duy a new BBq

Page 1 / 2
sailor13, Nov 17, 8:35am
We want to duy a BBq with a hood we cant go over $800 what brand there is so many. ! A lot dont apear to be very good .help please.

mrfxit, Nov 17, 8:59am
$800 buys a heck of a lot of BLING . Good grief ppl, do you want to COOK or stare at it all day admiring it's shine

spiritofgonzo, Nov 17, 9:38am
Agree $800 will get you a goodie.My advice is to make sure you get large plates . e.g.large hot plates instead of 4 thinner ones.It just makes it easier for cooking as you can move stuff around the plate easier.

sailor13, Nov 17, 9:56am
We dont want to spend that much but the shop assiants say if you dont you are only getting rubbish .

laurie9, Nov 17, 10:00am
I bought a good one off Four seasons A couple of years ago I think it is a broil king,anyway it is a very good bbq about $450.00.

lythande1, Nov 17, 6:20pm
Mine is made with an oven tray and bricks. Cost $0 (materials were here).
True BBQs involve wood, gas ones are just over priced outdoor ovens.

ryanm2, Nov 17, 6:27pm
I thought true bbq's involved charcoal.

angel404, Nov 17, 7:35pm
I bought my hooded 3 burner bbq off trade me for $20. Its awesome and totally does the job.

watson79, Nov 18, 8:46am
Check out prime grill website, mine cost 999 but very happy with it, don't buy cheap stainless, looks crap after a season or too

emnalana, Nov 18, 9:04am
i got mine at the warehouse for a couple hundy, a mate got one at smith city paid just under a grand, mine lit at first pop of the igniter, his took a few more clicks of the igniter. but if kept outside then a dearer one would probably last a lot longer.

tigra, Nov 19, 3:24am
A $1000 for something that sits on your deck and only gets used10 or 12 times each summer!

kcc55a, Nov 19, 3:27am
Haveto agree with the above. Got rid of my big multi burner furnace and bought a tidy little 2 burner unit which does everything I want, doesnt take up a lot of deck space and is easy to clean as well

watson79, Nov 19, 8:28am
Each to there own I guess, I do a lot of cooking on it, fish, crayfish, scallops, big steaks, your 2 burner that you suggest would take me ages to cook the volume of food I cook, normally for 6-8 people.

csador, Nov 20, 12:44am
i got given a 6 burner as a wedding present, its nice and all but i very rarely use all 6 burners.If I was paying for it a 4 burner would be sufficient I reckon

hutchk, Nov 20, 1:39am
Real men do not limit their BBQing to the warmer months.

payntr, Nov 20, 4:58am
i have a jackeroo,6 burner for over 8years and still going strong,i use it all the time rain or shine,would have no other brand.i brought it from KMart,cant remember how mutch $600-$7oo,i think,made in aussie.it really does last if youlook after them.

payntr, Nov 20, 5:03am
i love bbqing fish on it.wrapped in foil with a little butter ,wow .lol.

jane65, Nov 22, 9:56pm
we have just got a beefeater from harvey norman, wow omg its amazing , it has huge output, cooks in half the time. is way better than my inside oven. cooks moist due to high output, checkout the internet b'og sites, couldnt find anything bad about them paid 1500 but worth every cent

gyrogearloose, Nov 22, 10:12pm
I've currently got a broil king, but I like the look of the Char-Griller Trio advertised in the Herald for $899. gas grill / charcoal / smoker

I'm over having the BBQ on the deck, when it's blowing and wet the cooking speed is too haphazard. I'll probably move to an undercover area downstairs to make it more usable in bad weather.

pauldw, Nov 22, 11:56pm
Do the BBQs turn into rubbish when the prices rock bottom after Xmas!

d.laidlaw, Nov 23, 1:24am
I go for the smaller plates as I find the moving stuff around trivial but the ease of cleaning smaller plates much better.

d.laidlaw, Nov 23, 1:25am
You'll get more features out on a $400 warehouse one than a $1,200 304 stainless one.

Unless all the parts on the stainless one are top quality it will still fail and our cheap warehouse one is doing better than the 2 expensive BBQ factory ones before it.

d.laidlaw, Nov 23, 1:27am
We use ours a minimum of once a week during winter and will increase that to 3-4 times a week at the peak of summer.

crab2, Nov 23, 1:35am
we got a Goldair 6 burner one with a hood for $599 at Briscoes, half price which ends on Sunday

mark_g, Nov 23, 6:16am
I think our first post Xmas purchase might be a 4 burner, hood lid for cooking bigger bits of meat and smoking, rotisserie. mmmmmmm.

We have an ancient 3 burner with no hood lid, and we've thrashed it. Even in winter it gets a fair bit of use due to being on the edge of a covered patio.

No stainless. probably go black. Spend as little as poss to get what we want providing it's not obvious tinny crap.

We got our 2x45kg gas bottle install plumbed to an outlet near the BBQ on the patio, and got a 2m hose made to connect BBQ to standard gas outlet fitting. Best thing ever. No more "lets have a barbie"."sure"-
."oh crap - the gas bottle is empty. Who's going for a drive!".

I agree with the purists that something cooked over wood/embers is likely to taste better than over gas flame, but not enough to go collecting wood and keeping a ready supply for our brick fire style bbq. Maybe if I lived very near a ready supply of dry branches or driftwood.