Flat pack kitchens.

21dennis, Feb 15, 7:36pm
Hi, we are in the process of replacing our old kitchen, with a flat pack, from Mitre10. Which is the best quality/price company to go with!

We live in invercargill, and the the only other company is Placemakers.

Thanks for any help, or suggestions.

Dennis.

malone4, Feb 15, 7:40pm
mico wakefield is another choice and have good selections.

pandaeye, Feb 15, 7:43pm
Just make sure they're not made of weetbix board.

malone4, Feb 15, 7:45pm
sorry scrap that. My brain not engaged. lol.

try these guys.
http://qualkitchens.co.nz/

budgel, Feb 15, 10:07pm
Which flat packs arent!

tillsbury, Feb 15, 10:16pm
None.Poster is talking nonsense.They are all weetbix board, that's how flat panels are made nowadays.Only a very very small number of extreme top end (six figures upwards) kitchens would be hand-made without this.

pandaeye, Feb 16, 12:04am
x1
exactly my point. don't buy them.

stevee6, Feb 16, 12:19am
Nothing wrong with weetbix board as long as the kitchen is dry, properly lined and sealed, and they're properly assembled and level. Save your money for the appliances andfittings such as worktops, door hinges and the lighting.

krames, Feb 16, 3:18am
m10 invercargill slighty cheaper and better quality,up grade handles for better look.
get bench top yourself,cheaper
check everything before signing for it,they are forever getting things wrong

aloha3, Feb 16, 3:41am
We received our kitchen from Placemakers 4 years ago. Love it.

tezw1, Feb 16, 3:56am
There are other joinery shops all over New Zealand providing these. Try googling Flatpack kitchens. Some provide a larger range of options than the Mitre 10 system. I can't comment on the quality as I haven't brought one, just research to help decide whether to cut out myself or get in a flat pack system.

dezzie, Feb 16, 6:17am
We got ours from kitchen direct in timaru, they have a bigger range of cabinets etc than mitre 10 and bunnings.

artemis, Feb 16, 6:38am
Try myflatpack.co.nz- design your Ikea kitchen and they will get it to you. We are looking at one at the mo ,price is good.

lee72, Feb 16, 6:44am
go to easy kitchen lot cheaper and you can pay it off and install it great and we live in Invercargill wouldnot do flat pack as we had one and this Is so much better and cost about the same

timbo69, Feb 21, 7:59am
In my life i have noticed all kitchens made of MDF have a life or around 10 years,less if tenants more if it stays dry. Im lucky to be in the position to be make my cabinets from meranti marine ply, with stone tops and 2 pot paint expecting to spend 10k.

macandrosie, Feb 22, 7:44am
Lee72 is there a website for easy kitchen! Is it comparible to the Mitre 10 or Placemakers kitchens in price & is it better quality!

firefly001, Feb 22, 8:20am
Ezy kitchens or Home plus in Invercargill

bexter2, Feb 24, 7:44am
You have no idea what your talking about,

Iv seen $50k kitchens that use that weetbix board! unless your willing to pay moonbeams for mdf or timber alternitives.

That weetbix/chipboard is fine for kitchens! youl never know what its made of once installed.

Dont listen to the keyboard warriors on here, and take the advice of the pros at the shop

guest, May 25, 4:55pm
x1
PlaceMakers Kitchens are made from NZ manufactured moisture resistant board. You can get either flat pack or pre-assembled (for not much more). They are manufactured by Peter Hay Kitchens who have been making kitchens for over 40 years. Check the warranty too, PlaceMakers are offering 15 years on the cabinetry! There is a big range of standard colours and cabinets available. Bunnings dropped Peter Hay a year ago and now import all their Kitchens from China.