Kitchen sink

mushroom990, Mar 4, 3:31am
Who would I get to fix this!
It has come away from the bench and broken the waste pipe.
Thanks

zak410, Mar 4, 4:49am
A joiner who knows about pipes,
Or a plumber familiar with benches.Or both.

Why did the sink came down ! Is the bench sound !
A photo would help to advise.

mushroom990, Mar 4, 6:57am
Why this happened!. I suspect somebody stood in it but I didn't.
I don't know how to post a photo to show you The bench seems sound though. Someone is having a laugh. I had the sink full of dishes and washing up water when it happened, must have been the weight of everything

zak410, Mar 4, 9:07am
get a joiner or kitchen maker to have a look.

morrisjvan, Mar 4, 9:36am
As long as your formica hasn't been torn or split as the bowl fell away , it should be easy to glue back in again. They normally give some indication of this a long time before it actually falls out.

hammer23, Mar 4, 7:03pm
This happens all the time with undermounted bowls. Hot water expands the bowl and breaks/weakens the glue line. You may be able to glue it back with epoxy glue but the usual way is to fit a top mounted bowl and drainer or a new top.A joiner or usefull builder should be able to sort it for you.

mushroom990, Mar 4, 8:35pm
Had a plumber here but he couldn't do anything, but I'm sure I get a bill. He did have a look and wondered about no brackets.

dansac, Mar 4, 10:18pm
Mushroom, we had this happen in a rental property just in the last couple of months.
We were in process of getting all the costs for having the kitchen refurbished, so we did a quick fix.

The glue was old and as Hammer said the sink just fell away, tenants did not mention that it was loose!

We put glue around the line of the the sink and then put brackets in at each corner.

This worked, but because the bench has now been replaced, I am unsure how long it would have held. But it held the sink in place for the six weeks it took to get everything sorted and the kitchen finished

guest, Oct 11, 11:02am
Aha! I have had that problem! The best sluitoon I have found is to buy a steamer. You can find one at Menard's or Home Depot for the best price. I think some fabric stores also sell them. I would buy one like the one I got. It has a pole that holds the steamer handle-which saves on your arm!! Place it where you want the wall paper to come off, close to the wall. The heat from the steam heats the glue to soften it, and the steam also creates water, so have a few small towels to wipe your baseboards and floor. The wall paper should peel right off. Good luck!! Having a putty knife and a razor handy will also help.

guest, Oct 13, 9:29pm
There is a tool that will score the wallpaper with tiny holes found at Home Depot-type srotes. Score it, then put HOT water in a spray bottle (easier than the towel theory, but same concept!) Let it soak for about 10 minutes and it will peel right off.

guest, Jun 3, 3:47pm
Score it with something sharp. Get a seetmar, Hand held will work OK and spray it and get to peeling it off. It is a messy job anyway you cut it.Good Luck and Happy Decorating