Swan plant help please

timarubogan, Mar 15, 12:57am

kellog47, Apr 27, 11:53pm
Most of the leaves on one of my swan plants have turned yellow and are falling off.Unfortunately one that has just fallen off has my daughters very first chrysalis attached.What should we do!Try to somehow fix the leaf onto the tree!Or remove the chrysalis and just try and attach that!Thanks :)

accroul, Apr 28, 12:02am
I wouldn't go touching the chrysalis if it were me. I'd pick the leaf then tape it back to the tree. I currently have bits of grass taped to a wall of my house where Monarchs have made their chrysalis's in grass due for mowing!

koru67, Apr 28, 3:01am
I'm sure you have already rescued it by now. Clothes pegs with a good grip work well on the black stem part of the chrysalis. I have also used sewing thread and tied a knot around the top of the stem and then tied it on to something. Some people on the monarch forum use a hot glue gun, you would have to be very careful though not to get any on the chrysalis itself.

luigi21, Apr 28, 4:13am
Bring it inside ,My partener has 28 hanging inside on our wall unit just sellotape the leaf on to the wall unit or somewhere simalar. welet 4butterflys go this morning.She tags them. We live in TeAwamutu and frosts soon and that will kill them.

kellog47, Oct 20, 6:06pm
Thanks guys.The plants are only little so I have put them in a very sheltered spot and I sellotaped the leaf onto the plant so hopefully that will work.I don't really want to bring them inside as my cat has a bit of a soft spot for monarch butterflies :(