Samsung washing machine water level sensor

andy644, Jan 31, 8:21am
Samsung WD7704C8C/xsa washing machine.Front loader.I have been told there is a problem with my water level sensor. Can anyone please tell me how to fix it! I am pretty good at pulling the machine apart and have checked everything and am told it is the water level sensor.
thank you in advance

pamow69, Jan 31, 9:22am
Never known one have a faulty water level sensor before. What exactly is the problem! What is it doing wrong or not doing!

andy644, Jan 31, 9:27am
Ok Pamow69-you helped me a couple of weeks ago. It will not drain-but the pump is fine as we have had it out and it goes on power and spins away happily. all hoses are unblocked. We did wash some extremely greasy clothes and wonder if the sensor to flick on the draining system is blocked. Is this possible. My hubby and I are both determined to fix this ourselves! Stubborn, as we think it is something simple and we just havent discovered it. When i drain it manually it then happily spins away and refills and then when ready to drain it just stops dead.

pamow69, Jan 31, 10:48am
Ok, the pressure sensor for the water level has nothing to do with the drain pump running. The sensor tells the control board when there is enough water in the tub and to stop filling. It then tells the control board that the tub is empty and to start spinning. That is why the spin won't happen when it is full of water and it does spin when you drain it manually. The problem is the drain pump. You have proven that the pump works, so now you have to find out why it doesn't work when it should ( at end of wash cycle) It will either be a broken wire from the control board down to the pump or no power being turned on by the control board. If you take an ohms reading at the drain pump and then find the same 2 wires at the control board you should get the same reading at that end if the wires are ok. If wiring & pump circuit is okay then check for power supply. Bit more difficult to do. I am leaning toward a power supply problem on the control board. Have struck 2 of these in the last 3 months. Most Samsung boards are not repairable and a new board would be the only solution.

andy644, Jan 31, 5:28pm
Pamow69-you are amazing!. Thank you for this information. Can you give us an idea of how much a new control board is please! sounds like this is our problem. We will check the wiring today and go from there.
Very much appreciate your help.

pamow69, Feb 1, 8:42am
If the components on the control board are accessible & can be unsoldered then it may be repairable. A lot of Samsung boards have a thick rubbery compound put over the components and you can't get at them to test them or replace them. Not familiar with this model so don't know what the price would be. You could e-mail them & ask. spareparts@sscnz.co.nzBe prepared for a shock though. Usually quite expensive. Before ordering a board you need to prove beyond doubt that the wiring circuit is okay and that there is definitely no power being supplied by the board. Remember they will not take it back if you buy it and put it in machine & fault still exists.

andy644, Feb 1, 9:01am
ThanksPamow. I wish you lived in Blenheim!It is now at the stage where we need to get a service person to look at it I think. Else we may stuff it up.Thanks again.

pamow69, Feb 18, 6:06pm
You could always pay my callout fee. Might be a bit on the high side considering the distance !