Ok new shower enclosure or wet floor?

karenmarie20, Jan 22, 7:30am
Hi I have to take the formica etc off the shower wall and replace the wood round the tray.(80s).Would you put in a shower enclosure or wet floor !Anyone done this and how does it measure up cost wise!as I will have to pay builders plumbers etc.
Id appreciate any feedback as I wouldnt have a clue,lol ,thanks Karen

carter19, Jan 22, 6:02pm
If you have a small bathroom, a wet floor is simply not possible to do well. Shower enclosure would be better

lythande1, Jan 22, 6:27pm
Well, I hate cramped shower cubicles. Then there is the cleaning hassle too.
On the other hand I have seen both really nice wet floor bathrooms and really cheap and nasty ones. The cheap and nasty.forget it, do the cubicle.

purplegoanna, Jan 22, 7:57pm
wet room! wet floor! u mean.u have to get your floor altered so it dips in the middle, and also take into cost the price of tiling thats where u get stung.

lilyfield, Jan 22, 8:15pm
you don't nedd to tile them .Use the heavy duty vinyl like the hospitals have. super efficient and easy to clean. Nice modern colours too.One piece all the way up the wall.

maclad, Jan 23, 4:34am
Small area, I would do a wet shower floor. Did this a few years ago at mine and never regretted it. had much more room as all that was required after the alterations were done was a shower curtain and new rail. Far less cleaning, much more space.

purplegoanna, Jan 23, 4:37am
not in my brand spanking new rentals its not, the stuff is a BL**DY nightmare.it may come down to getting the entire lot ript out and start again.everyones still humming and haaing ova whats gone wrong.2mths now and i still cant get a decent answer from anyone.neva eva again.

soph001, Jan 23, 6:28am
x1
With a wet floor one the shower spray goes EVERYWHERE!
Even with a shower curtain.
We ended up putting a glass enclosure up afterwards.

guest, May 27, 3:46am
about the 2 hr. training for coepir. I worked for the people who invented most of the tech of today. When I wanted a part-time job, I would say I KNOW the machine, etc. Then, I would watch someone operate it. I have ADD and directions are hard to read. However, I ended up writing manuals for this stuff after no one could understand the directions! I'm retired now, just buying stock in the companies I used to work for. Jo in Texas